About the Name
The name of the municipality, Letsemeng, stems from the Sesotho word “letsema”. In the olden days when the people of the homesteads had to cultivate their crops, they would prepare food and traditional beer and invite other families to come and help them without any remuneration. The name is chosen for its symbolic meaning and seeks to inculcate the spirit of co-operation and working together to achieve goals.
Maximized quality service to local communities
By providing the best resource management capability at our disposal
The Letsemeng Local Municipality has determined the developmental objectives aimed at;
- Accelerated and improved basic service delivery to communities
- Financial viability and sustainability
- Good governance
- Facilitating economic development and job creation
- Improving municipal infrastructure
- Fighting poverty and building safe, secure and sustainable communities and
- Improving skills development to raise productivity.